Construction Project Manager
WHO WE ARE
BioFiltro is an international wastewater treatment company that harnesses the digestive power of worms and microbes in a patented process to remove up to 99% of organic matter in as little as 4 hours.
With more than 190 installations worldwide, BioFiltro treats 3.5 billion gallons of wastewater per year. Headquartered in Davis, California, our mission is to provide worm powered regenerative solutions that enable companies and communities to filter water, build soil health, and offset their carbon footprint. In doing so, we cultivate a harmonious relationship between people, planet, and profit.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The construction project manager directs and assesses the daily operations of BioFiltro’s design and construction projects. This position reviews proposals and supervises much of the budgeting and cost analysis for projects. Additionally, the construction project manager assists in directing the engineering team and reports to the VP of Engineering.
This position provides direction and leadership to those working on the projects, and they work to identify areas in which the team could be more productive or produce higher quality products or services. This position will allow our teams to meet deadlines and constantly strive for improvement.
BioFiltro is a fast-growing company which means we need an individual who can hit the ground running and isn’t afraid of taking ownership of various projects. High performing individuals will have the ability to carve out not only their own professional growth within the company, but also the strategic direction of BioFiltro itself.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Prepare proposals and contract documents
- Prepare project proposals in conjunction with the sales team.
- Assist the sales team in reviewing and preparing contract documents for the design of BioFiltro’s wastewater treatment systems.
- Manage design resources and project priorities to balance workload and meet project schedules.
- Identify areas that need improvement in BioFiltro’s design process and provide feedback for continuous improvement of design standards and engineering best practices.
- Prepare and monitor project budgets including both internal design and fabrication costs and project construction costs; provide cost analysis.
- Develop and send regular project status reports to both internal and external customers.
Motivate and encourage team members with excellent communication
- Regularly check in on team members and vendors to ensure projects are on time and within budget.
- Identify challenges during the design and construction phases and work with a team to proactively resolve issues.
- Understand team members' strengths and challenges and delegate tasks to the most appropriate individual.
- Collaborate with team members across the company.
- Respond to client/contractor questions and clarifications during the pre-construction, bidding, and construction phases.
- Understand and respond to questions regarding substitutions, changes to project specifications, and value engineering proposals by client & construction partners.
Create daily and monthly schedules
- Create and publish clear project schedules including design, permitting, bidding, construction and startup.
- Delegate tasks with deadlines to design team members and regularly follow up to maintain accountability.
- Keep projects and teams running on schedule and within anticipated timeframes.
Closes project processes
- Manage and oversee the completion of the project, including handoff to the operations team after treatment system commissioning.
- Complete and file necessary documents following internal record keeping practices, and to relevant external partners.
- Hand off the project to the operations team and respond to internal customers as necessary.
- Maintain relationship with customer during the design and construction phase, stay in close communication with the customer during the handoff, and provide a seamless customer transition to the operations phase
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED
- A college degree in civil/environmental engineering, construction management, or a related field, or experience equivalent to that degree.
- Education or training in construction or project management of civil infrastructure, including water, wastewater, or related utility equipment. Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary design team, coordinating with architects, engineers, contractors and customers/owners.
- 3-5 years of experience in civil engineering or construction management, or a related field.
- Occasional travel to project sites during the construction phase.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and CAD drafting software/markup tools
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely with internal and external stakeholders.
- To be a team player and value working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- To have strong organizational skills and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Passion and interest in climate change, water, healthy soils, and regenerative practices.
- Experience and commitment to construction jobsite safety practices.
WHAT WE’D LOVE TO SEE
- Licensure as a Civil Engineer in California, or ability to obtain licensure within 1 year of hire.
- 7+ years of experience in civil engineering, construction management, field engineering support, infrastructure design, or a related field.
- Written and oral proficiency in Spanish and English.
- Progressive experience delegating to entry level design or drafting staff preferred. A strong track record of developing and managing in an environment with several projects competing for time and attention.
- Ability to engage with the design or engineering team and provide feedback on potential improvements.
- Certified in relevant safety programs, such as OSHA’s Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate Program
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Base Salary, starting at $80,000 per year
- Cell phone for work
- Health, Vision, Dental, and 401k
- Paid time off
- Awesome colleagues and a great place to work
- An opportunity to change the world
- Must be able to lift at least 15 pounds at a time
- You must be based in or around Davis, CA. You’ll work primarily at the BioFiltro office in Davis, the fabrication facility in Madera, with some travel.