|Search jobs!||Advanced Search|
|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM
JOB TITLE: EDITORIAL DIRECTOR
REPORTING TO: Vice President, Client Services
EXPERIENCE: Mid-Level – 3+ Years
Seed World Media is comprised of five core media properties that each have event, multimedia, digital and print components designed to serve the global seed sector. With highly sought after, issues-based content our audiences trust Seed World Media to deliver business critical information and insights on the seed industry.
The Editorial Director (ED) is the champion of content creation with focus on digital first content delivery and leading editorial initiatives/projects across our seed focused properties. A team leader, the ED’s role is to help maintain our publications’ reputation as the leading source of information for the global seed industry through thought leadership and maintaining connections to the industry. In addition to project management and acting as a resource to the team, this position will also produce feature articles for all our seed properties.
The ED will have experience in agriculture (preferably seed sector knowledge) and journalism with an aptitude for strategic thinking and idea development.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform the following key roles and tasks:
• Assist in the content strategy for all Seed World, Germination, European Seed and Alberta Seed Guide channels
• Ensure that the publications’ content offerings stand out in an increasingly fragmented and competitive information universe
• Think “outside the box” as it relates to content solutions
• Maintain an understanding and knowledge of key issues in the global seed industry
• In collaboration with the editors, plan the editorial calendars and design story lineups for all issues
• Proven ability to write feature stories in a lively and engaging journalistic voice
• Support the collection and editing of content for weekly press releases and newsletters under tight deadlines
• Liaise with editorial advisory board members and industry leaders as needed
• Attend industry events, conferences and tradeshows as needed
• Build and maintain relevance on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms
• Maintain up-to-date familiarity with Associated Press, Canadian Press and European Commission English Style Guides
• Other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A degree in communications, journalism and/or agriculture, or demonstrable equivalent in experience is required
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in a media capacity
• Additional media and/or agriculture education or experience is an asset
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work with a wide range of people, including sources, internal staff and industry leaders
• Must be able to identify key industry issues and create thought-provoking questions to draw out information
• Commitment to an enjoyable, positive and successful work environment
• Must be well organized
• The ability to work under tight deadlines
• Must be able to prioritize
Live and work with integrity for our clients, our team, our community and ourselves.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter via email to: Lindsay Hoffman – Vice President, Client Services by clicking on APPLY TO THIS POSITION.
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SEED WORLD GROUP OVERVIEW:
Seed World Group is focused on propelling the global seed sector to help feed the world’s growing population by delivering growth focused marketing and communications solutions.
Seed World, since 1917, has been recognized as the key media source for the global seed industry. With information, current issues and ideas covering virtually every business aspect of the global seed market, Seed World is read by owners, presidents, managers, sales professionals, breeders and CEOs to help them run and grow their businesses.
Germination has led the industry in delivering the most engaging, relevant, and topical issues in the Canadian seed industry for more than 18 years. The editorial direction of Germination supports the two core audiences of the property: the 3,100+ seed growers in Canada, industry professionals that support seed trade – including those involved in retail, R&D, plant breeding, seed production, certifi cation, seed enhancements and brokers.
European Seed created in partnership with Euroseeds, European Seed has become the voice of the European seed sector with circulation in every country in the EU. Our seed focused content drives engagement on all platforms and through a keen focus on innovation, the people that make up the European and global seed industry lean on European Seed for news and issues-based content to drive their awareness and businesses forward.
Alberta Seed Guide produced in partnership with Alberta Seed Growers and Alberta Seed Processors, the Alberta Seed Guide is the only seed focused publication in Alberta. With two printed issues per year and 12 digital newsletters its goal is to keep Alberta producers informed and growing.
Spud Smart is a Canadian magazine dedicated to the potato industry from coast to coast. Our team provides timely information on all aspects of the potato industry from seed to processing to markets. As the voice of potato growers, processors, industry suppliers and policymakers nationally, Spud Smart focuses on the news and issues that matter most to the industry.
Register for your free AgCareers.com account to receive exclusive information and features.