As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The role of the Feed Mill Sales Representative, Ontario is to create demand and secure sales by delivering and demonstrating the value of Elanco products to our feed channel customers.
The Feed Mill Sales Representative follows a Strategic Account Management approach to enable and/or reinforce customer relationships while defining and executing long terms account planning. The feed mill sales representative will identify and develop new business opportunities, align with customers for accurate business planning, while effectively managing expenses and appropriate communications consistent with Elanco's marketing and sales objectives.
Sales territory contacts may consist of one or more of the following types of customers: Feed Mill Key Contacts, Veterinarians, producers, nutritionists, and other key influencers.
The Feed Mill Sales Representative will also be responsible for managing the Feedlot business in Ontario.
Sales Representatives are held accountable for delivering sales results, implementing agreed strategies and plans, and maintaining and growing Elanco market share across the product portfolio. The Feed Mill Sales Representative will establish and co-ordinate high performing account teams for key feed mill accounts and communicate a clear common vision to the account team while developing and implementing processes and systems that hold the team accountable for shared account strategies. Sales Representatives consistently demonstrate Elanco’s Behavioral Pillars: Involve, Deliver, Innovate and Own.
The role is based out of Ontario, with occasional travels to the headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Brings forth new ideas for innovation from the customer
- Uses available resources and tools to advise customer on how to capitalize business and industry trends
- Uses strategic planning processes to develop territory and account plans to build and reinforce the long term bond with customers
- Consistently develops, evaluates and executes purpose of the sales call considering adoption curve and territory plan
- Listens to the customer’s needs, strategically presents solutions and gains agreement on commitments and next steps
- Transfer key messages and/or scientific information about Elanco portfolio of products and services/capabilities to producers, Veterinarians, nutritionists, and other key influencers in the industry.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency with all Elanco products and match product features/benefits with customer needs.
- Exhibit an in-depth understanding of customers, industry, market drivers, portfolio and competitive environment; analyze and leverage information to accomplish sales objectives.
- Leverage financial, institutional, technical and marketing resources to develop solid business partnerships/relationships with customers and assist in growing their business.
- Report into Monogastric Sales Leader to develop account plans, sales forecasts, implement sales cycle tactics and support the achievement of Elanco’s strategic goals.
- Provide customer and market insights to support bottom-up business planning and quarterly reviews.
- Follow the Strategic Account Management (SAM) approach as well as the principles of Customer Value Selling (CVS) to enable and/or reinforce customer relationships.
- Conduct and facilitate both virtual and in-person meetings, training sessions, seminars, and other value added services, meeting sales force excellence metrics, including reporting of all calls, territory intelligence and customer information within designed CRM.
- Implement and execute marketing programs and customer initiatives;
- Represent Elanco in a professional manner with customers and industry stakeholders, build trust and credibility.
- Report any Suspected Adverse Events (sAEs) to the Pharmacovigilance Team and adhere to all Elanco policies and procedures.
Influencing Without Authority
- Leverage extensive understanding of the industry and exert influence at a provincial and/or cross-functional level.
- Act as a resource/coach for peers and other team members. Demonstrate skills/knowledge at an expert level.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant scientific or technical field, preferred Ag. Science, Animal Health or Business.
- 5 years sales experience or a minimum of one year of Elanco experience, or animal health industry experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, influence and communication skills.
- Exemplary team and individual work ethics.
- Personal accountability: driven, action-oriented and disciplined. Able to work independently, set priorities, manage multiple tasks and remain focused.
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills. Results driven, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Follow the Elanco Field Sales Competency Model to drive continuous development in role.
- Fluent English language skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of PC package tools, including but not limited to: word-processing (Word), Spreadsheets (Excel) and Presentations (PowerPoint).
- Valid driver operator license in the province where the role is located.
Additional Skills/ Preferred Qualifications
- Passion for animal health and/or agricultural business.
- Ability to effectively present information to a variety of audiences and respond to questions.
- Significant field time. Overnight travel will be required, amount determined by territory.
- Travel will vary by region and time of year.
Interested candidates should click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status