Perdue AgriBusiness is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. An international agricultural products and services company, we handle agricultural commodities and have a diverse portfolio of products and businesses.
Perdue AgriBusiness has an exciting opportunity for a Grain Storage Manager at our facility located in Bridgeton, NJ. This position will lead and manage the facility efficiencies and productivity. To lead the facility safety and environmental process. To lead the customer service function for the facility. To manage the facilities production, logistics, and inventory control processes. To prepare forecast requirements, analyze cost expenditures and prepare annual budget requirements. To recommend capital projects that will enhance productivity, customer service and quality.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the grain receiving and storage staff to include hiring, training, and developing the staff to meet the needs of the facility.
- Lead, promote, and create a safe working environment for all associates in accordance with Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Ensure service and equity of grades is provided to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain quality and quantity of grain inventory whole being handled or stored in the facility.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of crews and teams that receive, dry, store, and distribute grain.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of crews and teams that perform housekeeping activities.
- Ensure routines and preventative maintenance is performed on all receiving and storage equipment to ensure maximum availability and longevity.
- Coordinate with grain merchandising to ensure positive customer relationships, timely and least cost movement of grain.
- Perform other task as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Logistics, Business or related discipline.
- 5-7 years of experience can be substituted for BS Degree.
- 3-5 years experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of grain receiving and storage technologies.
- Understanding of commodity markets.
- Basic knowledge of software applications.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local and OSHA regulations.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.