Develop policy initiatives with impact and influence related to trade, freight and supply chain within the agriculture sector. Not-for-Profit Membership Organisation
- Policy Manager – Grain, Trade, Freight & Supply Chain
- Grain Growers – Not for Profit, Member Association
- Sydney CBD, 2000, NSW or Canberra 2600, ACT
- Full Time, Permanent
- WFH & WFO – Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive Salary. Please state your desired renumeration in your cover letter
About the client
Grain Growers is a Not-for-Profit membership organisation with a national reach making a positive difference to the grain industry. They have a strong and influential voice, are progressive in their thinking, and inspirational in their approach. They are at the forefront of a changing industry, setting the agenda for change that will benefit their members now and in the future.
About the role
Grain Growers is looking for a Policy Manager with impact and influence to facilitate the development of GrainGrowers’ trade, freight and supply chain policy initiatives through industry research, policy analysis, reporting and representation. This is a face paced role where you will collaborate with internal stakeholders to produce effective outcomes.
About the person
Proven experience within trade, freight, supply chain and/or grain is essential to be successful in this role. You will be a proactive strategic planner, showcase self-motivation with ability to work independently and collaboratively. You will have the natural capability to influence, engage and involve stakeholders including government and regulatory bodies. You will produce evidence-based work that has impact, you will be adaptable, diplomatic and use feedback as a learning opportunity.
- Lead the development and delivery of GrainGrowers’ trade and market access and grain freight and supply chain policy initiatives.
- Ensure effective and constructive engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Consult, liaison and advice on issues effecting the sector
- Undertake research and analysis on key issues impacting the grains industry and develop papers, briefings, and reports to a high standard
- Prepare and draft innovative policy solutions, for consideration by GrainGrowers
- Develop papers and delivery of public presentations which position Grain Growers as a thought leader in policy and grain industry development.
To be successful you will have:
- Experience working in trade, supply chain, freight and/or agriculture or grain
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively work with government officials and industry partners
- Demonstrated success in policy analysis and evaluation, development and implementation
- Exceptional research, analysis, critical thinking, writing and reporting skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading Non-For-Profit that is influencing and driving the agriculture and grain industry and is connecting and engaging the grower community across Australia.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply now by clicking on APPLY TO THIS POSITION stating your desired renumeration package. Alternatively contact email@example.com for more information
Beaumont People specialise in temporary, permanent and contract recruitment for NFP organisations including membership, associations, peak bodies, and the arts. We have been contracted to recruit this role on a retained basis therefore please direct all enquiries to Louise at Louise Roper.