Floraco Pty Ltd is the largest and most productive fresh flower grower in Western Australia.
We are looking for a highly experienced, confident individual to join our team in the role of Production Manager. As a Production Manager, you will be reporting directly to the Managing Director and provide direction, support and training to the staff in your department.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Managing and supervising both the growing and harvesting in our indoor and outdoor bulb crops.
• Supervising and training staff (including Nursery Hands and Assistant Managers) whilst striving to achieve KPI targets
• Inspecting crops for pests and diseases, using various chemicals to control and ensuring plant health is of the highest level
• Implementing, assisting to develop and ensuring all staff adhere to best practice activities
• Interviewing and hiring of nursery staff as well as maintaining culture and productivity as an ongoing basis.
• Implementation of production schedules
• Liaising with the Managing Director regularly on potential issues
The Production Manager will strive for an inclusive team environment where the Managers, Production Manager and Managing Director all work together as a team to achieve our goals.
The successful applicant will:
• Have a minimum of five years’ experience in managing a Horticulture, or preferably Floriculture, operation
• Have a thorough understanding of horticultural production in controlled environment greenhouses
• Have excellent communication and management skills
• Be prepared to have a hands on approach and ensure staff are led by example at all times
• Possess passion, pride, commitment, dedication and accountability to their work and subsequent results
• Be physically fit and in good health
• Be fluent in English
Early starts, peak production workloads and weekend work will be required.
In return, the successful applicant will be offered a negotiable salary of $95,000 - $110,000pa (dependent on experience) plus bonuses and superannuation.
Relocation costs within Australia negotiable for an outstanding candidate.
To apply, please submit your covering letter, resume and a profile picture by clicking on APPLY TO THIS POSITION.