Vive is a crop protection technology company focused on making synthetic and biological active ingredients better using our patented Allosperse® nano-polymer delivery system. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Mississauga, ON, we are fully commercial with established distribution across the US, and our products were used on 2M acres in 2022.
Vive has grown 2-3X year over year for the past 3 years, and we aren’t slowing down!! We’ve received several awards for innovation and ranked in the top half of companies in Deloitte’s 2021 North American Technology Fast 500. With 95+ US and Global patents, and a goal of having 12,500 growers around the world using Vive’s products and technologies in the next 10 years, we’re looking for passionate, growth-minded individuals to join us on our journey to achieving this goal!
At Vive, our core values (G-CROP) are the foundation of everything we do and are a guiding force for all the exciting and unique experiences you’ll have when working with us.
- We are GROWER-focused
- We succeed through COLLECTIVE genius
- We are passionate about building something REAL
- We are all confident and adaptive OWNERS
- We are PRECISE, data-driven, and science-based
If you’re looking to build something real with a team of smart, confident, and adaptive owners (and like to have LOTS of fun along the way), keep reading to learn more about the Senior Product Manager role and the role you will play in helping us reach our goals!
Your core mission is to devise and execute product and crop strategies designed to deliver a ‘best in class’ position for the Vive portfolio. Working closely across internal departments and external partners, you will foster product development, manage profitability, and create brand awareness for the Vive portfolio. You will assess market opportunities and develop compelling business cases for new products that address market pain points, ultimately supporting rapid market growth of Vive’s technology platform while leading the market introduction of new products.
You will deliver on this mission by:
- Bringing a deep understanding of the market and grower pain points and leverage that understanding to optimize the development of future Vive products
- Creating market demand through strategic product development and positioning that succinctly addresses grower needs and existing market gaps
- Exhibiting strong analytical and problem-solving skills despite imperfect information
- Maintaining a healthy mix of strategy and execution in day-to-day work while scaling efforts in support of a rapidly growing business
- Being a resourceful, creative, and self-driven individual who is passionate about building something real in support of the organization’s continued business success
- Consistently managing multiple deliverables to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery
Internally – Sales, Marketing, Product Development, Supply Chain, Regulatory, Executive Leadership
Externally – Growers, retailers, crop consultants, and other centers of influence; and at times other 3rd Party Product Development Partners
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the assigned Vive portfolio across Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Regulatory and Product Development departments
- Leads crop plan strategy development and market assessment for assigned crops
- Manages product margins and the overall financial performance for the assigned portfolio
- Delivers monthly and annual revenue forecasts
- Manages COGs and product pricing
- Leverages multiple data sources to execute various market analyses
- Delivers branded Vive products with measurable value and market-relevant differentiation
- Collaborates with Sales and Product Development to identify and define new solutions to address market needs, from concept to creation, from field testing to product launch and market adoption
- Develops market-relevant proof points to convey each product’s brand story
- Ensures Vive product pipeline efforts are focused on addressing grower pain points and unmet market needs
- Partners with Sales to align and educate distribution channel partners delivering product to the market
- Serves as a lead contributor on the Vive Pipeline Development Process (PDP) and Product Launch Committees
- Provides regular updates regarding product development and regulatory progress vs. timelines
- Leads business framework, product design document and financial modeling completion for assigned product concepts, as assigned.
- Owns and presents to senior leadership new product business cases – evaluates the product pipeline, incorporates market needs and opportunity and determines technical feasibility and development investment required
- Executes market assessment and gap analysis
- Conducts the competitive assessment
- Identifies strategic target markets
- Determines regulatory implications
- Forecasts market potential
- Recommends pricing
- Identifies field data needs and collaborates with Product Development and Technical Field Agronomists to prioritize trial placement & assessment of data
- Ensures alignment from Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Field Agronomy representatives regarding product launch approach
- Partners with Marketing colleagues to devise the yearly marketing plan
- Identifies and informs field and customer training needs
- Provides input on field demo program
- Informs communications campaigns
- Coordinates and oversees regulatory lifecycle management with the Regulatory team
Skills & Experiences
- Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing, agronomy or an agricultural sales or marketing related field. Other educational backgrounds considered with relevant experience.
- Experience: 8-10+ years experience in the agricultural industry, ideally within crop protection, with 4-5 years of previous product management experience. Biologicals experience strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills, ability to distill down complex messaging
- Strong interpersonal skills and a natural collaborator; works across Sales, Marketing, Development, Supply Chain and Regulatory to align product development, production, and distribution efforts
- Strategic thinker with strong organizational and independent problem-solving skills
- Challenges mediocrity, ensures Vive products are best in class
- Strong analytical skills – ability to assess the big picture as well as nuance the details
- Detailed and data-driven approach to decision-making
- Comfortable managing complex projects and initiatives
- Passion for accuracy and detail, including written and oral communications
- Independent, can-do attitude, self-starter
- Travel up to 35%
- Valid passport. Must have the ability to travel across US & Canada.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
This is a REMOTE role which means you get to work from home!
Interested in joining our Team? Sumit your application by clicking on APPLY TO THIS POSITION.
The successful candidate will undergo background/reference checks, which includes providing proof of vaccination for COVID-19; the company will provide accommodations as required by law, including relating to protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation.
Vive is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the recruiter should you have accessibility needs to ensure they are accommodated throughout this process.